In early 2013, the prestigious Hotel Excelsior Venice Lido Resort in Venice (Italy) decided to upgrade their facilities by redesigning
more than 190 rooms and investing in new technology. Thanks to Fracarro and Samsung, the LAN network has been optimised
and upgraded for the distribution of data and satellite TV signals; the TV sets have been enhanced with IPTV technology, a range
of foreign channels have been implemented and the Wi-Fi service has been improved at all beach locations and outdoor common areas.
The aim was to integrate new services and technology and the project started with the installation of a new system for the reception of domestic and foreign TV SAT signals.
Two antennas, the SIGMA8HD LTE and TERZA 6HD as well as two RO120N 1.2m dishes were used in the installation.
To transfer the signals from the antennas to the headend, located 7 floors below in the IT room, fibre optic cable was used to guarantee high efficiency and requiring a small space for cabling, therefore avoiding any major structural changes.
The IPTV solution proposed by Fracarro and Samsung has brought considerable advantages to the Excelsior Hotel in terms of services offered to customers and cost optimisation.
Amalgamation of different types of services into a single solution, with a significant reduction in cost due to the simplification of the structure.
- Reduction of major structural changes thanks to the fibre optic distribution.
- Connectable to the hotel management system (PMS)
- Availability of internet and satellite TV signals on all LAN ports at the Hotel (wired and Wi-Fi).
- Distribution of more than 100 Italian and foreign programs (free to air and pay to view) including: CNN, France 24, CCTV, RT Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Bloomberg, TV5 Monde, NHK World TV, BBC and CNBC, Euro News, ZDF, 3sat, TVE International.
- Remote management of the headend to resolve any problems and for any necessary routine maintenance. e.g. The modification of the channel list without physical intervention to the TVs or tablet.
Download the brochure